Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I couldn't let the day pass by without wishing all of you a happy St. Patrick's Day. I have many happy memories of St. Patrick's Day and a couple of trips I've taken to Ireland. When I was in seventh grade at Holy Name of Mary School in Valley Stream, NY the band marched in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in New York City. I played the glockenspiel and was very excited to see a cousin wave to me from the sidewalk. The fact that we were the last band and just ahead of the street sweeper doesn't diminish this happy memory!

Of course, in college St. Patrick's Day was a non-authorized day off spent drinking green beer, dancing, and spending time with friends.

And, I've been fortunate enough to travel to Ireland twice, both times kissing the Blarney Stone. I have a photo of me and my Mom standing by the Carragh River. We figured that was as close as we were going to get to a landmark with our surname!

May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No comments: