- who reciprocate leads
- who provide value for fees paid
- who are reponsive to both the client and the referral source
- who are team players and take an active interest in the client and the community
- who evaluate the chemistry between the client and the potential referral source
Their additional advice?
- Develop a specialty and be the "go to" person for that specialty.
- Allocate time for face-to-face meetings.
- Get out there and become known.
What I've learned so far is that working your network is both a professional and effective way to generate new business leads. Learn how to ask, reward your referral sources, and watch your firm grow.